Catch the flocks of thousands of flamingoes in Lake Manyara National Park as well as hundreds different species of birds, lions, zebras, giraffes and many others. Also, you will be able to discover the thrill of encountering the Big Five at Serengeti National Park and explore the site of pre-historic archaeological findings at Ngorongoro Crater and spend two nights at Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge.
This safari is subject to availability, and its price may vary. Prices are per person, sharing a double room. Single supplement applies.
Day 1: Arusha
Your driver/guide will meet you at Kilimanjaro International Airport in Arusha, Tanzania. After lunch at a local restaurant in Arusha depart for Lake Manyara arriving at the lodge in the early evening. The lodges are situated on the Mto-wa-Mbu escarpment, overlooking the Great Rift Valley and the alkaline Lake Manyara.
Overnight Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
Day 2: Lake Manyara and Serengeti
After breakfast tour Lake Manyara National Park, which is known for the flamingos that inhabit the lake. During the wet season, they inhabit the edges of the lake in flocks of thousands but they are not so present during the dry season. More than 400 species of birds inhabit the park and many remain throughout the year. Because of this Lake Manyara National Park is a good spot for bird watching. Visitors to the park can expect to see upwards of 100 different species of bird on any day. Leopards, East African lions, cheetahs, elephants, blue monkeys, gazelles, hippopotami, Masai giraffe, impala, zebras, and many more wild animals inhabit this park and many can be seen throughout the year. There is a hippo pond at one end of the park where visitors can get out of their cars and observe from a safe distance. The leopards and lions are both known to lounge in the trees while not hunting for prey. In the afternoon proceed with picnic lunch en-route to Serengeti National Park arriving in the early evening.
Overnight – Serengeti Serena Lodge
Day 3: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast you’ll embark on a morning game drive, where you’ll discover the thrill of encountering the ‘Big Five’ – Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos and Cape Buffalos, returning to the lodge for lunch After lunch depart for Ngorongoro Crater, via Olduvai Gorge, site of archaeological findings, where traces of pre-historic people dating back to 3.5 million years have been discovered.
Overnight – Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
Day 4: Ngorongoro
After breakfast at the lodge, proceed on a half-day crater tour with a picnic lunch. In the crater, which is considered the “Eighth wonder of the world” you can see a spectacular concentration of wildlife including the big five. The crater has a variety of habitats including grassland, forest, and swamp. The lake on the crater floor is home to flamingoes and many other species of birds. Return to the lodge in the early evening.
Overnight – Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
Day 5: Arusha
After breakfast, your driver/ guide will transport you to Arusha for lunch and an afternoon of leisure before you catch your flight home from Kilimanjaro International Airport.
COST FROM $3,230 USD
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at the airport upon your arrival
- Round trip, private transportation to and from airport and hotel
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described (or similar) with private en-suite facilities
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, denoted by B, L, D)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari in a KWT vehicle.
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air-conditioned 4×4 Land Cruiser with pop-up roofs
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing, and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- International or domestic airfare, airport taxes, and security-related fees unless mentioned above
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc…
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages, etc…
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SAFARI AND MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS