Catch the mesmerizing wildlife spectacle of the great Wildebeest Migration at Maasai Mara National Reserve while spending two nights at Mara Serena Safari Lodge. Also, enjoy the amazing wonder of Africa’s highest mountain Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tsavo West National Park, Mzima Springs and lake Naivasha.
This safari is subject to availability, and its price may vary. Prices are per person, sharing a double room. Single supplement applies.
Day 1: Nairobi to Amboseli
Day 2: Amboseli to Tsavo West
Day 3: Tsavo West to Lake Naivasha
Day 4: Lake Naivasha to Maasai Mara
Day 5: Maasai Mara
Day 6: Maasai Mara to Nairobi
(subject to change)
Day 1: Amboseli
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you are welcomed by our airport representative and transported to Amboseli Sentrim Lodge for lunch. The tarmac road passes through the Athi Plains where formerly the Burchell’s zebra, the Maasai giraffe, and smaller herbivores roamed about freely. With human encroachment, the wildlife is confined to game parks. There is an advantage to this because one has to drive inside a park to be rewarded with the sight of many different species of animals. Lunch is followed by a game drive in the park at the foot of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft). In the late afternoon, one is likely to see a lion or cheetah make a kill. Mount Kilimanjaro in the background makes for amazing photographs.
Overnight at Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
Day 2: Tsavo West
Depart for an early morning game drive, beat the sunshine, take in the gorgeous backdrop of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and Amboseli’s offering of wildlife. Return to the lodge in time for breakfast. After breakfast, depart for Tsavo West National Park. Arrive at your lodge in time for lunch. Depart for a late afternoon game drive with a visit to Mzima Springs. Here you can step down into a submerged tank and observe the hippopotami in the water. Return to the lodge in time for dinner.
Overnight at Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Day 3: Lake Naivasha
After breakfast, depart for Naivasha. Stop over for lunch in Nairobi en route to Lake Naivasha. Arrive at Lake Naivasha in the volcanic Rift Valley, and soak in this bird lover’s paradise. Spend the afternoon at your leisure.
Overnight Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort
Day 4: Maasai Mara
After breakfast, you’ll depart for Kenya’s most famous park, Maasai Mara National Reserve. After lunch at the Mara Serena Lodge, you’ll embark on an afternoon game drive that will familiarize you with the variety of game animals and bird life in this beautiful park. The landscape alone will fill you with admiration for how the savannah sustains much life. Set in the heart of Africa’s Great Plains, the Maasai Mara boasts 1,672 square kilometers of unspoiled wilderness. It is home to the highest concentration of animals and birds anywhere on the continent. Throughout the year the Mara is a place of natural drama, a kaleidoscope of color and life. The famed “Big Five” – Elephant, Rhino, Lion, Buffalo, and Leopard – roam the reserve, together with hundreds of others from the fastest animal on earth, the Cheetah, to one of the most secretive, the Bat-eared Fox. After the rains, when the first flush of grass turns the Mara’s golden savannah green, the mesmerizing wildlife spectacle anywhere takes place here: the Great Migration. This is the time when 1.5 million Wildebeest, accompanied by vast numbers of Zebra and Gazelles make the long and dangerous trek from drier lands in Tanzania, northwards to this corner of Kenya. For most of the century, the Mara has drawn those searching for adventure and the thrill is still the same today with days spent face to face with nature at its most untouched and enthralling. A quiet dinner at the lodge is the perfect opportunity to reflect on the wonders of the surrounding lands.
Overnight – Mara Serena Safari Lodge.
Day 5: Maasai Mara
You’ll embark on an early morning game drive after a hot cup of coffee or tea and cookies. This may be the best time to see a predator make a kill or the sight of one relishing its meal. Returning to the lodge for breakfast and a leisurely morning spent at the lodge pool can be followed up with a late afternoon game drive after lunch.
Overnight – Mara Serena Safari Lodge.
Day 6: Nairobi
After breakfast, you will return to Nairobi via the Great Rift Valley. After lunch, a stop might be made at the Italian Chapel, built by the Italian prisoners of war to commemorate their companions who died while building this road. You will depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
COST FROM $2,285 USD
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at the airport upon your arrival
- Round trip, private transportation to and from airport and hotel
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described (or similar) with private en-suite facilities
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, denoted by B, L, D)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari in a KWT vehicle.
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air-conditioned 4×4 Land Cruiser with pop-up roofs
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing, and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- International or domestic airfare, airport taxes, and security-related fees unless mentioned above
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc…
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages, etc…
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SAFARI AND MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS