Enjoy the amusement of the wildlife roaming freely in Amboseli National Park, Tsavo West National Park and Africa’s best Maasai Mara National Reserve. Also, experience the beauty of some of the wondrous views Africa has to offer, such as Mt. Kilimanjaro, Lake Naivasha and Mzia Springs where you can observe hippos and fishes as you step down into a glassed submerged tank.
This safari is subject to availability, and its price may vary. Prices are per person, sharing a double room. Single supplement applies.
Day 1: Nairobi to Amboseli
Day 2: Amboseli to Tsavo West
Day 3: Tsavo West to Naivasha
Day 4: Naivasha to Maasai Mara
Day 5: Maasai Mara
Day 6: Maasai Mara to Nairobi
(subject to change)
Day 1: Amboseli
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you are welcomed by our airport representative and transported to Amboseli Sentrim Lodge for lunch. The tarmac road passes through the Athi Plains where formerly the Burchell’s zebra, the Maasai giraffe, and smaller herbivores roamed about freely. With human encroachment, the wildlife is confined to game parks. There is an advantage to this because one has to drive inside a park to be rewarded with the sight of many different species of animals. Lunch is followed by a game drive in the park at the foot of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft). In the late afternoon, one is likely to see a lion or cheetah make a kill. Mount Kilimanjaro in the background makes for amazing photographs.
Overnight Amboseli Sentrim Lodge
Day 2: Tsavo West
After an early morning game drive, return for breakfast and leave for Tsavo West National Park. The route follows the base of the volcanic Chyulu Hills, the youngest of the extinct volcanic range of hills (about two hundred years old) and crosses a mass of lava flows. Lunch and an afternoon game drive which includes a visit to Mzima Springs you step down into a glassed submerged tank from where one can observe hippo and a variety of fish swimming in the water.
Overnight Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Day 3: Naivasha
After breakfast, leave for Naivasha. Break for lunch in Nairobi en route or direct to Naivasha. Arrive at Naivasha in the volcanic Rift Valley in time for lunch or later. Lake Naivasha has a surface of about 44 square miles. In 1929 it was found to have a depth of 34 feet. Crescent Island is part of the rim of a submerged volcano whose crater forms the deepest part of the lake. In the driest years, the level of the lake dropped so that the whole rim of Crescent Island was exposed. In the distant past, Lake Naivasha stood about 420 feet higher than it does now. Its outlet was at that time through the Njorowa Gorge (Hells Gate). Lake Naivasha is a bird watchers paradise.
Overnight Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort
Day 4: Maasai Mara
After breakfast, drive across the plains to arrive at the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve in time for lunch. An afternoon game drive introduces one to the number and variety of wildlife roaming the plains. The predators are usually sheltering from the hot sun, which does not mean that they are oblivious of their prey. One can expect to see the black-manned lion for which this park is famous. The large herbivores like elephant and rhino would be found near the river in the gallery forest.
Overnight Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Day 5: Maasai Mara
A full day of game viewing when it should be possible to see the “big five” as well as lesser-known predators and herbivores. Buck and antelopes abound in the grassland. On the early morning game drive it is possible to see lion enjoying a kill and in the late afternoon, those predators that were not so lucky earlier would be trying again to corner their kill.
Overnight Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Day 6: Nairobi
After breakfast depart for Nairobi. Once again you will have a spectacular view from the top of the escarpment, this time with more familiar memories of the landscape. A short stop at the Italian Chapel and then proceed to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound flight.
COST FROM $2,640 USD
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at the airport upon your arrival
- Round trip, private transportation to and from airport and hotel
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described (or similar) with private en-suite facilities
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, denoted by B, L, D)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari in a KWT vehicle.
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air-conditioned 4×4 Land Cruiser with pop-up roofs
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing, and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- International or domestic airfare, airport taxes, and security-related fees unless mentioned above
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc…
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages, etc…
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SAFARI AND MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS