Spend the night at a timbered tree hotel at Serena Mountain Lodge on the lower slopes of Mount Kenya where you can catch sights of numerous herds of elephant and buffalo from its viewing deck. You will be able to experience the exclusive and elite Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club in addition to exploring Africa’s wildlife at Lake Nakuru National Park and Maasai Mara National Reserve.
This safari is subject to availability, and its price may vary. Prices are per person, sharing a double room. Single supplement applies.
Day 1: Nairobi to Mount Kenya
Day 2: Mount Kenya
Day 3: Mount Kenya to Lake Nakuru
Day 4: Lake Nakuru to Maasai Mara
Day 5: Masai Mara
Day 6: Masai Mara to Nairobi
(subject to change)
Day 1: Nairobi
Leave Nairobi in the morning and drive towards the slopes of Mount Kenya to the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club. The elitist membership of this club would include movie stars, aristocrats, and politicians, both local and international. Here you can have a day of total relaxation in the beautifully landscaped gardens. Activities include golf, tennis, horseback riding and swimming in the heated swimming pool during the night.
Overnight Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
Day 2: Mount Kenya
After breakfast a short drive to arrive at the small town of Nyeri in time for a sumptuous lunch before leaving for Serena Mountain Lodge in the early afternoon. This timbered tree hotel is set amid the primeval forests on the lower slopes of Mount Kenya and offers a tranquil retreat with sweeping views across the tree-canopy. The open-air viewing-deck looks down on to the hotel’s own waterhole and salt-lick, which attract numerous herds of elephant and buffalo.
Overnight Serena Mountain Lodge
Day 3: Lake Nakuru
After breakfast, the tour crosses over the top of the Aberdare range of mountains, stopping briefly to gaze at the 73m Thompson’s Falls, named after Joseph Thompson the Scots explorer, who was the first European to see the Falls in 1884. After lunch, you will proceed to Lake Nakuru National Park to enjoy the unforgettable sight of the thousands of flamingos on the alkaline lake. The park also includes the rare white rhinos. On the floor of the Great Rift Valley, surrounded by wooded and bushy grassland, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. Lake Nakuru National Park is ideal for bird watching, hiking, picnic and game drives. You will end your day with dinner at Lake Elementaita Sentrim Lodge.
Overnight Lake Elementaita Sentrim Lodge
Day 4: Maasai Mara
After breakfast, you will depart for the Maasai Mara National Reserve. The Maasai Mara is one of the world’s most famous wildlife frontiers, where massive herds of wildebeest, buffalo, and zebra still roam free and lions retain their ancient post at the top of the animal food chain. An afternoon game drive should make it possible to locate the black-manned lion for which the reserve is famous. You will end your day with dinner at the Mara Sentrim Lodge.
Overnight Mara Sentrim Lodge
Day 5: Masai Mara
A full day’s game viewing of Kenya’s array of wildlife in their natural habitat. More than 60 species of animals are found here as well as a myriad of birds. The vegetation is generally savanna type with clumps of trees near water holes. These supply shade as well as foliage to elephants. The rivers are lined with gallery forest. The acacias supply the Maasai giraffe with their favourite food. The tourist who wishes to take an early morning game drive before breakfast is kept well supplied with hot tea and hot coffee before departure. This trip could be very rewarding as one is most likely to see lion enjoying a kill. The game reserve is noted for its black manned lion.
Overnight Mara Sentrim Camp
Day 6: Nairobi
After breakfast, you will return to Nairobi via the Great Rift Valley. After lunch, a stop might be made at the Italian Chapel, built by the Italian prisoners of war to commemorate their companions who died while building this road. You will depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
COST FROM $2,830 USD
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at the airport upon your arrival
- Round trip, private transportation to and from airport and hotel
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described (or similar) with private en-suite facilities
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, denoted by B, L, D)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari in a KWT vehicle.
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air-conditioned 4×4 Land Cruiser with pop-up roofs
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing, and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- International or domestic airfare, airport taxes, and security-related fees unless mentioned above
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc…
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages, etc…
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
CONTACT US TO BOOK A SAFARI AND MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS