The short version?
We are a boutique travel company specializing in life-changing safaris and travel experiences in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda.
The slightly longer, more fun version?
We are a boutique travel company based in Canada, but originally from Kenya, and are best known for creating customized, tailored travel experiences that take care of everything you need from the moment your feet touch African soil. We’ve created a number of “most-popular packages” you can choose from (eg. the Big Five in the Serengeti and Masai Mara) or we can build a customized trip that caters to your specific interests, needs, and wishes. Because we’re based in Canada, we’re able to work with you intimately to plan your dream vacation, but the beauty of our background means we have a strong network on the ground in Africa working hard to bring your trip together. We take care of every single detail – from restaurant reservations, tickets to tourist attractions, village visits, to all of your internal African transportation, accommodations and excursions. There is no place like Africa and it will change your soul, trust us, but it is imperative that you are prepared, pre-booked, and above all, that you work with someone you trust.
We can’t wait to meet you.
1. How do I start?
Working with us typically looks like this:
- Step 1 – Identify your travel dates
- Step 2 – We discuss your ideal trip – things like where you want to go, what you want to see, what your interests are, budget, etc…
- Step 3 – We provide you with a draft itinerary
- Step 4 – Granted everything looks great on the draft itinerary, you book your international flights*
- Step 5 – We book your itinerary and send you a confirmation
- Step 6 – Your dream vacation begins
*We prefer for you to maintain control over your international flights so you can most easily choose your ideal travel times, seats, and take advantage of things like points or your travel rewards.
2. Why only Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda?
Simply put, the network that we know and trust the most resides in East Africa so that is where we’ve chosen to specialize. We can connect with you other travel specialists for neighboring African countries if you want to go somewhere we don’t cover.
3. Can you help me plan my adventure if I am not in Canada?
Absolutely. We have created many vacations for clients outside of Canada, in Europe, other African countries, the US and more. We are available to connect via phone, email, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Skype or any other kind of service we haven’t heard of, as long as the time difference is reasonable.
4. What kind of budget should I plan?
We have created a budget tier for you to most easily evaluate which aligns with your preferences. Check out the tiers below:
- Tier 1 – Comfort: $350-$400 USD pp/per day
- Tier 2 – Luxury: $600-$800 USD pp/per day
- Tier 3 – Opulent: $1000+ USD pp/per day
5. What is included in the price?
- All internal transfers (flights, airport transfers, boats, etc…)
- All park fees
- All safari driver/guide fees and game drives
- Personal driver
- All accommodations from the day of your arrival
- All meals on safari (drinks and gratuities are extra)
- All tourist attractions and excursion tickets
- Restaurant reservations and recommendations
*Not included are alcohol, gratuities, and restaurant meals.
6. What’s with the name? Am I saying it right?
We’re called Imaginal (i·ma·gi·nal), not imaginable, imagination, or images. We’re about to hit you with some knowledge, so get ready.
A caterpillar crunches its way through its ecosystem, cutting a swath of destruction by eating as much as hundreds of times its weight in a day, until it is too bloated to continue and hangs itself up. It’s skin then hardens into a chrysalis. Inside this chrysalis, deep in the caterpillar’s body, tiny things biologists call ‘imaginal disks’ begin to form. Not recognizing the newcomers, the caterpillar’s immune system snuffs them as they arise – but they keep coming faster and faster, then linking up with each other. Eventually, the caterpillar’s immune system fails from the stress and the disks become imaginal cells that…wait for it…transform the caterpillar into the butterfly. And so, imaginal moments refers to the transformative experiences that you, yourself will go through as you visit East Africa. We’re here to help you find your wings.